The Internet nearly broke this week when a short film fronted by ‘Back To The Future’ star Christopher Lloyd claimed to have invented the Hoverboard – probably the coolest movie gadget ever. It’s up there with the Lightsaber.
Sadly, the ad was a spoof. And we’re still years away from the gravity-defying gadget that made us yearn for 2015 – the year the sci-fi sequences in ‘Back to the Future II’ were set.
[Back To The Future hoverboard promoted by Christopher Lloyd in spoof ad]
There is some hope for us Futureheads though, with a surprising number of innovations predicted in the film now almost a reality.
2015 is just nine months away, let’s see the technology of ‘Back To The Future II’ that came true...
The gadget: Marty’s “power lacing” Nike MAGs
The reality: After Nike producing a limited look-a-like range in 2011, designer Tinker Hatfield recently announced the company would put out real-life “automatic lacing trainers” in 2015, just in time for the anniversary. We can’t wait.
- Burrell, Winter at Peabody premiere 1 hour 20 minutes ago
- Sheen joins Howard Hughes film 2 hours 18 minutes ago
- Connelly: Strange filming with Paul 2 hours 43 minutes ago
- Poots couldn't drive before Speed 2 hours 46 minutes ago
- Uma Thurman for American Ultra 3 hours ago
- Zellweger set for The Whole Truth 3 hours ago
- Aronofsky: No Noah controversy 3 hours ago