Read More »from Tom Cruise plays a ‘total coward’ in Edge of Tomorrow
Director Doug Liman promised a totally different kind of performance from Tom Cruise in upcoming sci-fi ‘The Edge of Tomorrow’.
Speaking at a footage presentation for the film, he said that Cruise’s character would be funny and cowardly.
“This is a Tom Cruise you haven’t seen before,” he said. “He’s a coward throughout the movie – he does this amazing squeal. I didn’t know Tom would be this funny.”
[Tom Cruise shuts down Trafalgar Square]
Cruise plays Lt. Col. William "Bill" Cage, a marketing manager forced to fight a hostile alien race known as mimics.
When we first see him he has no combat experience and is killed within minutes. He then wakes up at the start of the day, realising he is caught in a time loop and forced to fight the same battle again and again. He’s helped by Emily Blunt’s veteran soldier Rita Vrataski, who has also experienced the time loop.
“If you hate Tom Cruise go and see this,” joked Liman, “because he dies 250 times during the movie”.
From the 15 minutes of footage
- Burrell, Winter at Peabody premiere 7 hours ago
- Sheen joins Howard Hughes film 7 hours ago
- Connelly: Strange filming with Paul 8 hours ago
- Poots couldn't drive before Speed 8 hours ago
- Uma Thurman for American Ultra 9 hours ago
- Zellweger set for The Whole Truth 9 hours ago
- Aronofsky: No Noah controversy 9 hours ago