8 Teens Shot, Including One 9 Times, at Philadelphia Bus Station

The victims included a 15-year-old girl, and seven teenage boys ranging in ages from 15 to 17

<p>Kyle Mazza/NurPhoto/Shutterstock</p> Crime scene tape around area of shooting

Kyle Mazza/NurPhoto/Shutterstock

Crime scene tape around area of shooting

Eight high school students were shot over 30 times near a Philadelphia bus station on Wednesday.

The shooting occurred when three masked males exited a dark blue Hyundai Sonata and opened fire at the teens near a SEPTA bus stop, the Philadelphia Police Department said on X, formerly Twitter.

The post included surveillance from the area that included a view of males driving away from the area after the shooting. Authorities say the alleged shooters are still at large.

"We now know because the car wasn't driving itself that there's a fourth individual in the car. I don't have much of a description of that individual," said Philadelphia Police Deputy Commissioner of Investigations Frank Vanore during a press conference on Thursday.

Related: Ohio Chick-fil-A Owner Accused of Driving 400 Miles to North Carolina to Sexually Abuse 15-Year-Old

According to Vanore, the car was recovered at approximately 10:31 pm on Wednesday night by highway patrol individuals, and officers discovered that it had previously been reported stolen.

The police official said that after the victims — including a 15-year-old girl and seven teenage boys ranging in age from 15 to 17 — were all rushed to local hospitals following Wednesday's event.

Of the two that were listed in critical condition, one was a 17-year-old male who was shot nine times.

Vanore said that the department checked on him Thursday morning and he remains in critical condition.

<p>Kyle Mazza/NurPhoto/Shutterstock</p> Area near crime scime on Wednesday

Kyle Mazza/NurPhoto/Shutterstock

Area near crime scime on Wednesday

Related: How a Pregnant Texas Woman Caught Her Husband Drugging Her Drinks Trying to Induce an Abortion

"I'm told that the doctors are optimistic. We have to get through today, but they're looking to hopefully upgrade him at some point, so right now, he's in the hospital, and he needs people to keep him in their prayers to move along," he said. Officials are working through evidence left at the scene including 3 different guns.

"I don't really know the motive here," he said. "The incident yesterday, these individuals went right towards that crowd. It appears that the individual that was most critical seemed to be a focal point but I'm not sure of that."

He noted that two buses near the area were also struck by gunfire, but no one inside was injured.

<p>Philadelphia Police Department/ Facebook</p> View of surveillance footage from the area

Philadelphia Police Department/ Facebook

View of surveillance footage from the area

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE's free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.

The incident comes hours after a shooting at a SEPTA bus station on Monday left a 17-year-old dead and four others injured, per CBS News.

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on People.