Future Publishing, Getty Images
While we pretty much adore any good sale (after all, who doesn't love a bargain?), there are a few discount days a year that we get especially excited about. One of those days is Amazon Prime Day. When a mega-retailer like Amazon—which sells everything from viral sweater dresses and chip-proof nail polish to TVs and small-space furniture—announces that it will be offering deep discounts on its most in-demand products, you bet we're listening.
And just like in past years, the online outlet's 48-hour sale is one you won't want to miss. To make sure you have everything you need to know about this annual sale, we've created a Prime Day guide. Read on to discover answers to all of your 2020 Prime Day questions—including the best deals, how to shop, and more.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2020?
This year’s Amazon Prime Day started at midnight on Tuesday, October 13th, and ends on Wednesday, October 14th. Typically, the two-day event happens in July, but it was postponed this year as a result of the pandemic.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
If you’re wondering what Prime Day is all about, we have two words for you: Prepare yourself. It’s Amazon’s biggest sale of the year and features thousands of deals on everything from fashion and beauty to home and electronics, so you won't want to miss out.
Amazon Prime Day is meant for, you guessed it, Amazon Prime members. If you’re not already a member, an annual Amazon Prime membership costs $119, but if you don’t want to shell out for an entire year, you can also grab a monthly subscription for $13/month and cancel it at any time. If you're a first-time would-be subscriber, you can also sign up for a free 30-day trial and get the full perks of being able to shop the sale.
How can I find the best Amazon Prime Day deals?
To find the best Amazon Prime Day deals, make sure to bookmark the Prime Day deals page. Check back here frequently, as this will also be where the limited-time lightning deals will be posted throughout the day. These typically only last one hour and sell-out fast, so act quickly if you want something.
Additionally, we recommend downloading the Amazon app, as this will allow you to set personalized alerts when certain deals go live. You can click "Watch this Deal" on an item that is soon-to-be on-sale and get a notification as soon as you're able to shop.
Amazon Prime Day TV Deals:
- Roku Streaming Stick+, $37.99 (Orig. $49.99)
- Toshiba 32-inch Smart HD TV, $119.99, (Orig. $179.99)
- TCL 43 Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart Roku LED TV, $229 (Orig. $329)
- Hisense 55-Inch Android 4K ULED Smart TV, $499 (Orig. $599)
Amazon Prime Day Apple Watch Deals:
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS/38mm), $169 (Orig. $199)
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS/42mm), $219 (Orig. $229)
- Apple Watch SE (GPS/44mm), $299 (Orig. $309)
- Apple Watch 6 (GPS/40mm), $384 (Orig. $399)
Amazon Prime Day Electronics Deals:
- Echo Dot (3rd Gen), $18.99, (Orig. $49.99)
- Echo Show 5, $44.99 (Orig. $89.99)
- Kindle Paperwhite, $79.99 (Orig. $129.99)
- Fire TV Cube, $79.99 (Orig. $119.99)
Amazon Prime Day Fashion Deals:
- Save up to 15% on select Fall fashion from Shopbop
- Save up to 35% on select Calvin Klein underwear
- Save up to 50% on select watches from Citizen, Bulova, Fossil, and more
- Save up to 40% on select Levi's
What should I avoid on Amazon Prime Day?
- Overspending or buying things you have no use for.
- Not preparing in advance (check out these Amazon Prime Day hacks for tips).
- Not scooping up lightning deals while they last.
Best of luck, and happy shopping!