Blackbird is the debut feature film from Michael Flatley (Lord of the Dance) in which he also stars as Victor Blackley, an ex-MI6 operative who is pulled back into the world he left when an agent connected to his past turns up to his place of business in Barbados. The film had its world premiere at the Monaco Film Festival where Flatley picked up the Best Actor award for his role.
An MI6 operative named Victor Blackley turns his back on the agency after his fiancée is killed on a mission gone wrong. Sometime later, he finds himself as the owner of ‘The Blue Moon’, a prestigious hotel in Barbados that acts as a safe haven for international criminals to complete under the table dealings. Though, after years of turning his head to his guest’s business, he is pulled back in to the world he left when a former agent connected to his past turns up as part of a small party, who have come to conduct business on his grounds. What begins as a chance encounter that reignites an old flame quickly becomes a life or death struggle to save not only those closest to him, but also the potential lives of millions throughout the world.
Blackbird is in UK cinemas from 2 September.
- Is today the day you wish to confess your sins?
- Not today. My sins are my own.
- You heard about the incident in London?
- Blake Molineux is extremely dangerous.
This is our chance. We must get Victor involved.
- No one can do what he does.
- Not the man I used to be.
The Blackbird is dead.
- You're the only one who can stop this. You've got to come back and fight.
- When are we going to get past this?
- I'll never get past this!
- You can't just hide from the world.
- Victor Blackley, I believe you have something of mine.
- Who I am is none of your concern.
And what I do is out of your control.
Bless me father, for I have sinned, and am about to sin again.