Arnold Schwarzenegger is a lot of things: A bodybuilder, an actor, a producer, a politician, a businessman, an Internet legend and an all round cultural icon. One thing he may not be though, is a very tall man.
Despite his reputation as one of the most physically honed human beings to ever step foot on Hollywood soil, no one actually knows how tall the man once called the Austrian Oak is – though he has tried to tell us himself:
“I'm 6ft 2in. I've heard rumours that I'm really much shorter in real life - like 5ft 6in or something like that - which is ridiculous. I can assure you this is not the case,” Arnie once boasted.
“People look up to me, and not just because I do a lot of work in the community. I mean, most people really LOOK UP to me.”
Only the internet isn’t easily convinced…
The issue of Arnie’s height appears to come from a clash between his reputation as an “immense” Adonis-turned-actor, and his apparently average height – giving the action icon a distinctly “squat” appearance.
- Poll: What's The Greatest Christmas … Mon, Dec 8, 2014 17:20 GMT
- The Lion King: 20 Amazing Things You … Sun, Jun 15, 2014 10:00 BST
What does Simba actually mean in Swahili?
- Ruby Dee Dead: Hollywood Remembers Trailblazing … Thu, Jun 12, 2014 19:06 BST
- Angelina Jolie Accused of ‘Disrespecting … Wed, Jun 11, 2014 04:29 BST
- Sigourney Weaver Returning to ‘Avatar’ … Tue, Jun 10, 2014 02:48 BST
- How 'Fault in Our Stars' Mobilized Teens … Sun, Jun 8, 2014 23:36 BST
- Sandra Bullock's House Broken Into, … Sun, Jun 8, 2014 19:21 BST