A cat who was given away missed his owners so much that he walked 12 miles home – only for them to reject him once more.
Toby had originally arrived as a stray at the family’s home but, as he wasn’t hitting it off with the cats they already had, they re-homed him 12 miles away.
Toby clearly preferred their place however, and soon set off on the epic trek home.
Feeling unable to accommodate the determined seven-year-old, the family then took him to a local shelter and asked to have him euthanised.
Opting not to oblige, the shelter called the SPCA in Raleigh, North Carolina, who set about finding a new forever home for the cute kitty.
Toby has settled in well since his arrival back in February, and quickly proved a hit when his plight was shared on social media.
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- Plague of rats ‘the size of small dogs’ chewing through car cables as they take over English town
- Scary Obama video highlights how ‘Deepfake’ videos are the next stage of ‘fake news’
- ‘Animals make funny sounds and smell bad’: Farmer puts up scathing sign for complaining ‘townies’
- Ex-Playboy model who claims she had affair with Donald Trump freed from contract banning her from discussing him
- Flip phones are making a comeback as everyone gets sick of social media
News quickly spread, and Toby’s luck soon changed as a result – last week (on Friday 13th, no less) he was formally adopted by new owner Michele.
She heard about Toby after her sister saw an Instagram post by Beth Stern, wife of shock jock, Howard.
Delighted Michele said she “had no hesitation” that Toby was meant to be hers.
The adorable kitty is now living happily with his four siblings (two humans and two felines) – follow him on Instagram for all the latest.