Denise Welch has pulled out of her planned Christmas pantomime role.
However, she announced yesterday that she "will no longer be appearing" in the production.
"I am so terribly upset and hugely disappointed that I will no longer be appearing in the Times Square Pantomime in Newcastle," she told The Sun.
"Those who know me and have supported me during my 40 year career will know how passionate I am about my job, Newcastle and it's people."
She added: "All I ever wanted was to star in a fabulous, spectacular pantomime that I have been proudly publicising since February.
"If there was anything I could do to change this highly regrettable situation I would.
"Legally, I can say no more but I write this with a heavy heart."
While it's unclear exactly why Denise left the production, we do know that she asked for the "safety of the building and the facilities provided " to be assessed before leaving.
This was revealed in a statement from the pantomime's production company Nice Swan, who said "no issues" were found from the checks and that the production will go on without her.
"I can confirm that we will be proceeding with the pantomime without Denise," a spokesperson said.
"There are no issues with set or production standards.
"Equity visited the Pantodrome earlier in the week at Denise's request, to assess the safety of the building and the facilities provided and no issues were outlined from this.
"Performances will continue from today until December 30."
You Might Also Like
- Emmerdale: 22 new spoiler pictures as Lachlan White makes a dark threat
- Coronation Street: 26 new spoiler pictures as Gary gets a baby bombshell
- EastEnders: 38 new spoiler pictures reveal the show's shocking Halloween storylines