The family of X Factor star Scarlett Lee are said to be ‘lucky to be alive’ after their home burned to the ground.
Her brother Benjamin, his wife Sharon and their four children had to evacuate through the windows of their mobile home in Epsom, Surrey, at 7.30am yesterday.
20-year-old make-up artist Lee is said to have been in a neighbouring home at the time of the blaze.
In a post on Instagram, Lee asked friends, fans and viewers of the the show to keep her family ‘in their prayers’.
Her brother has reportedly been treated for smoke inhalation.
“Please can everyone keep my family in their prayers. God knows the situation,” she said.
According to The Sun, neighbours described the blaze, thought to have been started by an electrical fault, as ‘terrifying’, with six fire crews taking nearly four hours to put it out.
A source told the newspaper: “Scarlett has been terribly upset. It’s come as a real shock to both her and her family.
“It’s beyond devastating for everyone. They’re all so thankful that no one was seriously hurt but Scarlett’s brother Ben was taken to hospital after breathing in smoke.
“Scarlett’s taken time away from rehearsals this week to be with him and the rest of her loved ones who, according to fire crew, are all lucky to be alive.
“They have been left with absolutely nothing from the blaze, with firefighters only able to recover a few photographs from the wreckage.”
Lee is mentored by series boss Simon Cowell on the show, and has returned for a second chance at fame after being voted off the show last year.