Twelve lucky people will get to eat dinner with the Mother of Dragons.
“Game of Thrones” star Emilia Clarke is asking people around the world to donate money to SameYou, her charity that assists people recovering from brain injuries and strokes. The organization’s new initiative aims to make beds for coronavirus patients and help people recover from brain injuries at home in order to free up more beds. Twelve donors will be randomly selected for a virtual dinner with Clarke.
More from Variety
- U.K. Distributors Take Steps to Support Independent Cinemas Amid Coronavirus
- Listen: How Off Broadway Is Coping With Shutdowns From Coronavirus
- HBO Moves Mark Ruffalo Limited Series 'I Know This Much Is True' to May
“We’ll cook it together and eat it together. And we will discuss lots of things — isolation and fear and also funny videos. And, you know, the fact that I can’t really cook. So it’s going to be fun,” Clarke said in an Instagram post.
The Daenerys Targaryen actor is hoping to raise £250,000 for SameYou. The new initiative is in partnership with the Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital in Massachusetts and the University College London Hospital.
“We are creating a virtual rehabilitation clinic so brain injury survivors have somewhere to go and somewhere to feel safe and somewhere to not feel so alone and isolated, which I think is a good thing. We need to do all we can to release as many beds as possible to free up our hardworking NHS,” Clarke said.
Best of Variety
- How Coronavirus Is Affecting Entertainment: All the Major Delays and Cancellations
- Coronavirus Live Updates: France Shuts Down Stores, Trump Expands Travel Ban
- Oscars 2020: The Complete Winners List