Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are up at the midday mark, led by the finance (XLF) sector while utilities (XLU) are the most in the red. Alan Valdes, director of floor operations at Silverbear Capital, joins us live from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance Editor-in-Chief Andy Serwer, as well as Yahoo Finance’s Myles Udland.
Today on Midday Movers, we discuss:
- Digging into the monthly jobs numbers
- US finally closed the ‘jobs gap’ from the last recession: Hamilton Project
- Markets react to job numbers
- What the drop in gold price says about the economy?
- Crude oil frustrating investors
- Google reportedly offered $30B for Snapchat
- How much do you need to be rich?
- Dunkin’ dropping ‘Donuts’ from name