Cleveland Cavaliers guard J.R. Smith has one of the better ones.
Smith, like Bryant, came into the NBA straight out of high school as a long, athletic guard with no fear of shooting the ball.
But he quickly learned that there were a lot of differences between himself and the Mamba during his 2004-05 rookie season, and he shared a moment via Twitter on Monday.
My rookie year. Coach told me he going to take two dribbles baseline and pump fake. DONT JUMP. First play he takes two dribbles baseline an what did i do?? Jump! Foul And1 SMH https://t.co/cDy4FvjpkM
— JR Smith (@TheRealJRSmith) December 18, 2017
Smith knew what was coming and was even given detailed scouting of what to expect. It didn’t do him any good. And it’s still fresh in his mind 13 years later.
Don’t worry, J.R. As the countless highlights making the internet rounds attest, you’re far from the only player that Bryant made look silly.
More Kobe Bryant coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Michael Lee: How Kobe became the NBA’s godfather
• Mamba Moments: 20 snapshots from 20 years of Kobe
• Report: Phil Jackson won’t make Kobe ceremony
• Eric Adelson: What if Kobe’s darkest chapter happened today?
• Vikings star salutes Kobe with cleats, TD celebration