Justice League's Ray Fisher says he won't star in any more Worlds of DC films

Stephanie Chase
·3-min read
Photo credit: Warner Bros.
Photo credit: Warner Bros.

From Digital Spy

Justice League star Ray Fisher has said he won't star in any more Worlds of DC movies as things currently stand.

The actor's announcement comes just weeks after WarnerMedia confirmed it had finished its on-set investigation into complaints made by Fisher about Joss Whedon's time directing Justice League.

On Twitter, Fisher shared a New York Times article about DC Films president Walter Hamada and wrote: "Walter Hamada is the most dangerous kind of enabler.

"His lies, and WB PR's failed Sept 4th hit-piece, sought to undermine the very real issues of the Justice League investigation. I will not participate in any production associated with him.A>E."

Photo credit: Jerritt Clark - Getty Images
Photo credit: Jerritt Clark - Getty Images

On September 4, Warner Bros issued a statement claiming Fisher wasn't cooperating with the investigation into Whedon's behaviour.

In the statement, the studio: "In July, Ray Fisher's representatives asked DC Films President Walter Hamada to talk to Mr Fisher about his concerns during the production of Justice League. The two had previously spoken when Mr Hamada asked him to reprise his role as Cyborg in Warner Bros' upcoming Flash movie, together with other members of the Justice League.

"In their July conversation, Mr Fisher recounted disagreements he'd had with the film's creative team regarding his portrayal of Cyborg, and complained that his suggested script revisions were not adopted. Mr Hamada explained that creative differences are a normal part of the production process, and that a film's writer/director ultimately has to be in charge of these matters.

"Notably, Mr Hamada also told Mr Fisher that he would elevate his concerns to WarnerMedia so they could conduct an investigation. At no time did Mr Hamada ever 'throw anyone under the bus', as Mr Fisher has falsely claimed, or render any judgements about the Justice League production, in which Mr Hamada had no involvement, since filming occurred before Mr Hamada was elevated to his current position."

The studio also said that Fisher had insisted that WarnerMedia hire an independent third party investigator.

The studio then added: "This investigator has attempted multiple times to meet with Mr Fisher to discuss his concerns but, to date, Mr Fisher has declined to speak to the investigator."

At the time, Fisher responded by sharing a screenshot of an email and tweeting: "Thank you all for the support and for seeing through @wbpictures desperate and scattershot attempt to discredit me to continue protecting those in power.

"I met with the investigator via Zoom on Aug 26th. Below is an email I sent to my team and @sagaftra immediately after."

Photo credit: Rick Kern - Getty Images
Photo credit: Rick Kern - Getty Images

He later added: "It's also worth noting that I made it clear to the world on Aug 21st that I would be vetting the investigator to ensure a fair and protected process for all witnesses. @wbpictures has escalated this to an entirely different level, but I'm ready to meet the challenge."

Hamada and DC Films have not yet responded to Fisher's latest tweet. Digital Spy has reached out for comment.

Justice League is out now on DVD or Blu-ray, and Zack Snyder's Justice League will premiere as a four-episode miniseries on HBO Max next year.

Digital Spy has launched its first-ever digital magazine with exclusive features, interviews, and videos. Check it out with a 1-month free trial, only on Apple News+.

Interested in Digital Spy's weekly newsletter? Sign up to get it sent straight to your inbox – and don't forget to join our Watch This Facebook Group for daily TV recommendations and discussions with other readers.

You Might Also Like