Chris Evans stars as Buzz Lightyear in the trailer for Pixar's new film. The Toy Story spin-off, which will be released on 17 June, tells the story of the action hero who inspired the toy.
The cast also includes Uzo Aduba, Keke Palmer, Taika Waititi and James Brolin.
Credit: Pixar via Youtube
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: Buzz Lightyear mission log, start a 3/9/01. After a full year of being marooned, our first hyperspeed test flight is a go.
- Who are you talking?
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: No one.
- You were narrating again.
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: I was not. Just doing the mission log.
You do know no one ever listens to the--
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: I know that. Narrating helps me focus.
COMMANDER HAWTHORNE: Ready, Captain Lightyear?
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: Ready as I'll ever be, Commander Hawthorne. This is exciting. A new adventure.
COMMANDER HAWTHORNE: I'm going to grant you four minutes to be off-planet. But then you come right back to us. To infinity--
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: And beyond.
- You are clear for hyperlaunch.
- People, people, people.
- Buzz, that was utterly terrifying, and I regret having joined you.
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: Buzz Lightyear to Star Command, come in, Star Command. Why don't they answer? The Hey.
- Going robots.
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: What? What is happening right now? Alicia?
- Oh, no, that's my grandmother.
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: But Socks, how long were we gone?
- Meow, meow, meow, meow. 62 years, seven months, and 5 days.
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: What?
- I hope you're ready for action. Because all we needed was a pilot.
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: For what?
- To destroy the alien ship. I have a plan and I have a team. Darby can take any three things and make them explode.
DARBY: I do this and they shaved a little time off my sentence.
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: OK, and what about you?
- Well, I thought this was going to be like a boot camp workout thing, but it is not.
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: Did I get it?
- Pretty close. I need that. It would say the harpoons.
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: Buzz Lightyear.
- The probability of survival with an inexperienced crew is 38.2%.
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: Seems a bit low.
- Mission failure imminent in three.
- Grandma always said she believed in you too.
- There was a big swirly too. I think I need a bag.
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: No, no.
- Please record your last words.
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: Do not vomit inside the vehicle. Do not vomit inside the vehicle.
- If you are satisfied with this recording, speak or select one.
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: To infinity.
- Are you trying to get me to pull your finger?
- Don't fall for it.
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR: No, not like that. Sorry, it's the thing your grandma and I used to do.