Sandy Kenyon, one of New York City’s best-known broadcasters as an entertainment reporter and movie critic for WABC-TV’s Channel 7 Eyewitness News team, is leaving the station.
Kenyon, who joined WABC, Disney’s flagship TV station in 2005, is set to take on a consultant role for ABC-owned TV stations. A fixture on the city’s Hollywood beat, Kenyon’s entertainment reports air weekdays on Eyewitness News First at Four, often on other Eyewitness News broadcasts, and in the back of iconic New York City yellow cabs as part of WABC-TV’s Taxi TV platform.
More from The Hollywood Reporter
In his new role from March 31, Kenyon will step back from his front row seat on Hollywood and partner with producers and reporters across the ABC stations group as they look for new innovations in entertainment coverage. He will work closely with Debra O’Connell, president, networks and TV business operations, Disney Entertainment Television. And Kenyon will report to Chad Matthews, president of ABC-owned TV stations.
“Sandy is the gold standard when it comes to telling meaningful stories about the films, shows and talent that make The Walt Disney Company the global leader in entertainment,” O’Connell said in a statement as Disney looks to harness’s Kenyon’s expertise across its wider station group.
“I am truly privileged to be presented with such a unique opportunity by Debra and Chad, who continue to transform our business through relentless innovation,” said Kenyon in his own statement. Besides Channel 7 Eyewitness News, Kenyon has appeared on Live with Kelly and Mark to offer awards season analysis.
Earlier in his career while at CNN, Kenyon as the cable news network’s chief entertainment correspondent in Los Angeles developed his signature Hollywood Minute report.
Best of The Hollywood Reporter