Macaulay Culkin backs calls to remove Donald Trump from Home Alone 2

Isobel Lewis
·1-min read
 (20th Century Fox)
(20th Century Fox)

Macaulay Culkin has backed calls to remove Donald Trump’s cameo from Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.

In the wake of Trump’s permanent ban from Twitter and an array of other social media platforms in the wake of the Capitol riots, a number of viewers had suggested that his cameo in the 1992 film should be cut.

Now Culkin, the film’s star, has offered his support to the campaign on social media.

The actor, 40, responded to a tweet from a fan reading: “Petition to digitally replace Trump in Home Alone 2 with 40-year-old Macaulay Culkin.”

“Sold,” Culkin simply replied on Wednesday (13 January).

He also tweeted “bravo” in response to a Home Alone fan who digitally removed Trump from the scene.

Last year, director Chris Columbus revealed that Trump had “bullied his way into the movie” while they were filming in his hotel.

“We paid the fee, but he also said, ‘The only way you can use the Plaza is if I’m in the movie’,” Columbus said. “So we agreed to put him in the movie, and when we screened it for the first time the oddest thing happened: People cheered when Trump showed up on screen.

“So I said to my editor, ‘Leave him in the movie. It’s a moment for the audience.’”

Read More

The stars of One Night in Miami on bringing Malcolm X and Ali to life

Drag Race UK is still chaotic enough to parody its American cousin

Our hunger for true crime stories is only getting stronger