I haven’t used a lip pencil religiously since the ’90s, when I’d outlined my mouth in a dark brown color just like actress Nia Long in Love Jones or singer Aaliyah (R.I.P. Baby Girl). But Bite Beauty has convinced me that I need to make this classic beauty product a staple in my makeup routine.
Bite Beauty first unveiled The Lip Pencil back in March with an eye-catching lineup of 22 neutral shades. Made with a combination of natural ingredients such as shea butter, beeswax, and peppermint oil, it glides onto lips effortlessly to deliver a lightweight, yet creamy finish.
The peachy nudes, dusty roses, and muted mauves were quite impressive and offered a “nude” for every skin tone. But the Canadian brand went back into their lip lab to whip up 28 new liners in bolder hues just in time for summer. Here are five reasons why you need this lip pencil in your makeup bag ASAP:
- You get two lip products in one for only $18. Use The Lip Pencil as a traditional liner or fill in your pout and rock it as a lipstick. Either way, you’ll look amazing.
- It stays put… seriously. I’ve worn it during full work days, which has included eating vegan B.L.T. sandwiches on wheat bread and I didn’t even need to reapply.
- The color payoff will knock you off your feet. Even though it’s formulated with natural ingredients, Bite Beauty has nailed it with highly pigmented and matte shades like 098 (rich eggplant), 074 (intense red-orange), and for the truly bold, 052 (deep hunter green).
- The design of The Lip Pencil is foolproof. The super sharp edge allows you to outline like a pro!
- For makeup lovers with darker skin tones like myself, these brighter colors will pop on your complexion. See proof below:
Bite Beauty The Lip Pencil ($18) is now available at sephora.com and Sephora stores.
Read more from Yahoo Style + Beauty:
- Here’s What MAC’s Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolours Look Like on Dark Skin
- Get Rid of Dry, Flaky Lips With the Wave of a Wand
- Bye-Bye Makeup Remover Wipes! Face Halo Is Here