One Direction fans will be sad to hear that Niall Horan thinks a reunion isn’t likely right now.
The much-loved boy band went on hiatus in 2016, not long after Zayn Malik left the group, and since then there has been much speculation about a possible reunion.
Talk of a comeback has gathered pace of late because this summer will mark 10 years since Horan, Malik, Harry Styles, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson got together on The X Factor.
However, Horan has now poured cold water over the rumours.
"We were chatting about like, is there anything we can release or content or something?"@NiallOfficial spills the tea on if anything is happening for One Direction's 10 year anniversary ☕️#SmallzysSurgery #10YearsOfOneDirection pic.twitter.com/JncwQmGzms— Smallzy 🎧 (@Smallzy) May 21, 2020
Speaking on Smallzy’s Surgery, he said: "We've barely spoken about it.
“Obviously the band got together in July 2010. Its 10 year anniversary is coming up and we were chatting about if there was anything we could release.”
"We came to the conclusion that there was nothing,” he said.
Horan restated his thoughts in a separate interview on Redknapp's Home Fixture, saying because the anniversary was coming up “everyone was kind of waiting to see if anything was going to happen”.
“We've been chatting about it, little bits and pieces that we can do, but nothing in terms of getting the band back together, so for now, no,” he said.
The band have enjoyed worldwide success since finishing third on The X Factor in 2010.
After going on hiatus they have all gone on to pursue solo projects.
According to Heat magazine’s rich list of UK celebrities aged 30 or under, all of One Direction are multi-millionaires. Styles is estimated to be worth the most, at £64m, and Malik is thought to have earned the least, with an estimated worth of £38m.