Olympia Financial Group Inc. ("Olympia") (TSX: OLY) is pleased to announce that Olympia is the sole shareholder of Exempt Edge Inc. ("Exempt Edge"). Prior to the acquisition, Olympia held 80% of the issued and outstanding shares of Exempt Edge and acquired the remaining 20% minority interest from a private third-party for a cash purchase price of $250,000.
The Issuer’s Edge and Dealer’s Edge platforms, developed by Exempt Edge, and the Edgelink ecosystem in which these platforms operate, serve to promote the conduct of transactions in exempt market securities and are an important part of Olympia’s continuing strategy to serve this important market.
About Olympia Financial Group Inc.
Olympia conducts most of its operations through its subsidiary Olympia Trust Company, a non-deposit taking trust company. Olympia Trust Company is licensed to conduct trust activities in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Olympia Trust Company administers self-directed registered accounts, provides foreign currency exchange services and Corporate and Shareholder services. Olympia also offers private health services plans through its subsidiary Olympia Benefits Inc. and provides information technology services to exempt market dealers, registrants and issuers through its subsidiary Exempt Edge Inc.
Olympia’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol "OLY".
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201130006002/en/
Olympia Financial Group Inc.
Rick Skauge, President and Chief Executive Officer
Gerhard Barnard, Vice-President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer
Phone: (403) 261-0900
Fax: (403) 265-1455