Palace release statement on Prince William paparazzi altercation video

·2-min read
The video recorded in January 2021 surfaced as on YouTube last week before being taken down (PA)
The video recorded in January 2021 surfaced as on YouTube last week before being taken down (PA)

Kensington Palace has commented on a video showing Prince William confronting a paparazzi photographer, saying that it was a breach of privacy.

The video, which was reportedly filmed in January 2021, shows the Duke of Cambridge in a row with a photographer allegedly filming his family on a bike ride near their Anmer Hall home in Sandringham.

As reported by The Independent during the clip, a visibly angry Prince William can be seen telling the photographer: “You were out here looking for us.”

His wife Kate Middleton can be heard saying: “We are out for a bike ride with our children, we saw you by our house.”

Neither Kate nor the couple's children are visible in the video and the photographer denies he was looking for them.

Later on in the video William says: "How dare you behave like you have done with our children? How dare you? Stalking around here looking for us and our children?

“I’m out for a quiet bike ride with my children on a Saturday and you won’t even give me your name. You’re outrageous, you’re disgusting, you really are…Why are you here?

“Thanks for ruining our day…I thought you guys had learnt by now."

As reported by The Telegraph Kensington Palace said the video is a breach of the family’s privacy, and they add it was understood that staff were trying to get the video removed.

The footage is no longer available on the poster’s YouTube channel at the time of writing.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting