Rita Ora vows to give up partying to save her voice

Katie Archer
·Contributor
·2-min read
FEBRUARY 20, 2021: SYDNEY, NSW: (EUROPE AND AUSTRALASIA OUT) Singer Rita Ora poses during a photo shoot at the Sydney Opera House in Sydney, New South Wales. (Photo by Sam Ruttyn/Newspix via Getty Images)
Rita Ora doesn't want any more nights out. (Sam Ruttyn/Newspix via Getty Images)

Rita Ora's 30th birthday celebrations hit the headlines last year for breaking lockdown – and now the singer has sworn off further wild nights out when restrictions are lifted.

In November, Ora was caught by police hosting a birthday bash for friends at a London restaurant and had to make a public apology, promising to pay any fines.

Read more: The most out-of-touch celebrity moments of 2020

However, the Bang Bang singer has now said the reason she wants to stay at home is because she wants to save her voice, and she's tired from being older.

Ora told The Sun: “I feel like as soon as you hit 30, the next day everything changes.You start feeling like you’ve got wrinkles, as though your joints are hurting you. I can’t do what I used to do any more.”

Watch: Rita Ora felt 'musically isolated' in lockdown

She added: “I can sing better, not lose my voice as much. Why do you always shout when you go out?

"Obviously, if the music is on, you have to shout over the music, but even when there is no music we seem to shout. You have to vocalise everything.”

Read more: Rita Ora party restaurant had CCTV turned off, police say

Ora's controversial party was closely followed by the discovery that not only did she break lockdown rules, she should also have been isolating as she had recently returned from a work trip to Egypt.

The star, whose mum works for the NHS, said in her apology at the time: "I'm deeply sorry for breaking the rules and in turn understand that this puts people at risk.

LONDON, ENGLAND - NOVEMBER 23: (EDITORS NOTE: This image has been retouched at the request of Artist's management.) In this image released on November 24th, Rita Ora poses during the Prospero Tequila UK Launch on November 23, 2020 in London, England. (Photo by Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images for ABA)
Rita Ora wants to protect her voice. (Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images for ABA)

"This was a serious and inexcusable error of judgement. Given the restrictions, I realise how irresponsible these actions were and I take full responsibility.

"I feel particularly embarrassed knowing first-hand how hard people have worked to combat this terrible illness and being fully aware of the sacrifices that people and businesses have made to help keep us all safe.

“Even though this won't make it right, I want to sincerely apologise."

Watch: Rita Ora got starstruck meeting Madonna