Accountant dies after charging mobile phone 'slips' into bath

The accountant, 26, was charging her phone when it 'slipped' into the bath where she was laying. (Instagram)

An accountant has died after being electrocuted when her mobile phone slipped into her bath while it was charging.

Evgenia Shulyatyeva, 26, was found dead by her mother Vera, 53, who became concerned after her daughter didn't respond to any of her messages.

Investigators say she was 'killed instantly' by electrocution after the phone, which was plugged into a 220-volt plug 'slipped' and landed in the water with her.

It is not clear if she was using the phone while bathing.

Devastated friends and family members paid tribute to the young Russian on her Instagram account, which is filled with selfies taken on her mobile phone.

“Sister, rest in peace, sleep well. It will always be in our hearts, ”Elena Shakleina, a friend of the victim, wrote on social media.

Evgenia Shulyatyeva, 26, was found dead by her mother Vera, 53, who became concerned after her daughter didn't respond to any of her messages (Instagram)
Devastated friends and family members paid tribute to the young woman on her Instagram account, which is filled with selfies taken on her mobile phone. (Instagram)

Another friend wrote; “You were brilliant, you will be forever in my heart. Call me tomorrow and tell me this was just a dream. ”

Evgenia's death is being investigated by the Russian Investigative Committee following a string of similar deaths in the country.

Investigators are currently trying to work out whether the phone and charger had the proper safety measures, and whether the electricity cut out instantly.

READ MORE FROM YAHOO NEWS

London selfie shop lets Instagram generation strike a pose

'Obsessed' US man, 21, murdered teenager then 'took Instagram selfie’

Giving Your FaceApp Selfie to Russians Is a Really Bad Idea

Some reports from Russian news outlets suggest she was killed instantly.

The victim was expecting to celebrate her 27th birthday next month.

Investigators say she was 'killed instantly' by electrocution after the phone, which was plugged into a 220 volt plug 'slipped' and landed in the water with her. (Instagram)
Miss Shulyatyeva had recently graduated from the socio-economic faculty of Vyatka State University, which is the leading university of the city of Kirov. (Instagram)

Miss Shulyatyeva had recently graduated from the socio-economic faculty of Vyatka State University, which is the leading university of the city of Kirov.

The make and model of the phone and charger are currently unknown.

Last year, a teenage girl from Russia was also electrocuted in her bath after her phone fell in the water.

Russian martial arts champion Irina Rybnikova, 15, died immediately as a result of the “tragic accident”.

The 15-year-old was found dead in the water at her home in Bratsk, Russia, in December.

Russian safety officials have previously warned about the acute dangers from using mobile phone chargers in bathrooms.

In March 2017, Richard Bull, from Essex, died at his home in London while he was charging his phone.

---Watch the latest videos from Yahoo UK---