The Oscars haven't exactly provided a wealth of controversy this year, so comedy actor/writer Seth Rogen has blasted some of his peers at the Independent Spirit Awards instead.
According to The Huffington Post, Rogen, who was hosting the event, delivered a hilarious opening monologue that stung his Hollywood peers and usurped Ricky Gervais as the edgy awards host of choice.
Among the barbs flung by Seth Rogen was one aimed at the homophobic comments of Brett Ratner, which ultimately led to his dismissal as Oscars telecast producer.
“The best thing to come of awards season is we learned what a horrible bigot Brett Ratner is," Rogen quipped, before taking aim at rapper Chris Brown. He claimed Ratner would be better off producing the Grammys because:
"At the Grammys, you can literally beat the s*** out of a nominee and be asked to perform twice"
But he reserved his best for another Hollywood legend. While talking about Dane Nicolas Winding Refn's arthouse actioner 'Drive' he joked that:
"'Drive' made Jews so scary I thought Mel Gibson directed it"
Seth Rogen mocks Gibson, Brown and Ratner
Step aside Gervais... preferably into the path of a busBy Michael Edwards | Yahoo UK Movies News – Mon, Feb 27, 2012 12:41 GMT
Latest trailers and movie clips
- Frozen Fever: Watch The First Trailer For Disney's Mini-Sequel
- While We’re Young UK Trailer Exclusive
- A Little Chaos: New Trailer For Alan Rickman’s Next Directorial Gig
- A Royal Night Out: Watch The First Trailer
- Carey Mulligan Stars In Far From The Madding Crowd Trailer (Exclusive)
- New Inside Out Footage Released
- Tom Hiddleston Chills and Thrills in First Crimson Peak Trailer
- Big Game Trailer: Samuel L Jackson Is The President Of The United States Of Bad-Ass
- Guy Ritchie’s First Man From U.N.C.L.E. Trailer Is All Style
- SPECTRE: First Footage and Photo Reveal ‘Major Action Sequence’
Top stories on Yahoo Movies
Today on Yahoo
1 - 8 of 37