Khaleesi may be known as the Mother of Dragons on Game of Thrones, but we like to refer to her as the “Baroness of Badass Braids.” The white-haired heroine’s braided hairstyles keep us on the edge of our seats each time we tune into the HBO saga.
Attempting to do her intricate braids are a bit intimidating. So we tapped Kérastase consulting hairstylist Matt Fugate to give Yahoo Style and Beauty news writer Kerry Justich a lesson on Khaleesi braids.
1. If your hair is on the thin side, you’ll want to thicken it up with a texturizing spray (try Kérastase Paris K Spray à Porter).
2. Create a center part mid-way down your head and make a three-strand braid at the crown on each side. Secure with a clear elastic after braiding half-way down.
3. Next, make a one-sided French braid on each side, starting at the earlobe. Tie elastics onto the middle of these braids to hold in place.
4. Spritz hair with a lightweight hair oil like Kérastase Paris Elixir Ultime Bi-Phase Spray Oil for added shine and body.
5.Combine the two crown braids into one braid. Then, combine the two French braids into two new braids, starting halfway at the elastic holders. Pro trick: To hide the elastics, wrap the crown braid around the French braids. It also adds a bit of flair!
6. Use bobby pins to hold the braids in place. Finish by loosening up each braid for a slightly “undone” look.
Now you’re ready to rule the world… er, huh… the braid game just like Khaleesi!
Read more from Yahoo Style + Beauty:
- Khaleesi’s 7 Best Braids From ‘Game of Thrones’
- This Man Transforms Himself Into ‘Game of Thrones’ Characters – Yas Khaleesi!
- How ‘Game of Thrones’ Is Conquering the Fashion World