Valentine’s Day is synonymous with candle light dinner date and exploring places with your someone special. With the evolution of social media, it’s also about nailing your style game.
Here are some styling tips to make sure you look your best when on your date.
1. Denim shorts are a classic way to blend casual with a bit of style for a day time date. Nail your look by pairing a simple white shirt and a pair of cool sneakers.
2. A wardrobe staple, you can never go wrong with jeans. Pair it with a t-shirt if it is a day date, or alternatively, wear a simple classic shirt, with your sleeves rolled up, as your evening look.
3. Lending a clean-cut fit and lightweight texture, chinos are always in trend. You can also try rolling them up at the ankles for a more cool and contemporary look. Team your chinos with a t-shirt and a blazer for a stylish look.
4. Linen shirts without a doubt are saviour for every occasion. Linen shirts give off an easy-going vibe that will make men look appealing yet charming. Men can pair it with their favourite pants and loafers while women can wear it with A-line skirts or pants or shorts.
5. Keep your accessories to the minimum, just a nice watch would do. Don’t ignore your footwear, remember, they can make or break your entire look.
1. Red or pink is an obvious choice for V-day. Red is a great colour if you make a statement, whereas a pastel pink is perfect way to be subtle yet feminine. Opt for materials that offer a natural sheen and drape, like viscose and modal.
2. If it is a post-work date, then girl, don’t be afraid to suit up. Choose monochrome tailored pants and jacket and change into a lace corset or a bralette. Pair it with pair of stilettos and some dainty gold jewellery.
3. Play around with prints as we make our way into spring. A floral skirt or a ruffled dress would be a great option for your v-day brunch or lunch plans. For evening engagements, go for deeper hues like navy blue, maroon and emerald green if you think that black is too cliched.
4. It might not sound as romantic, but sometimes under played, relaxed outfits look great and make a lasting impact. A jeans and t-shirt look is great if you are doing some outdoor activity with your date. Throw on a jacket and a pair of sneakers, and keep it simple and classic.
5. Denim or leather shorts can also be a great outfit idea. Pair your shorts with a tucked in white oversized shirt and some sneakers or even high heels. Complete this look with some chunky gold bracelets and necklace.
Inputs from Mr. Nelson Jaffery, Head of design Birla Cellulose and Mr. Abhishek Yadav, Design Head, Spykar Lifestyles