Suits extended one streak on the streaming TV charts for Aug. 14-20, but another one came to a close.
The legal drama, which streams on Netflix and Peacock, was the top title in Nielsen’s weekly rankings for the ninth consecutive week. It more than doubled the viewing time total of its the second-place show, Netflix’s Painkiller.
More from The Hollywood Reporter
The total viewing time for Suits, however, dipped below 3 billion minutes for the first time since the week of June 19-25 — to a still very strong 2.84 billion minutes. The series had set a Nielsen record for the most consecutive weeks over 3 billion minutes of viewing at seven; only two other shows (Outer Banks and The Night Agent) have hit that mark in 2023, and for only one week each.
Painkiller led the original series top 10 with 1.12 billion minutes of watch time, while the prior week’s leader, The Lincoln Lawyer, slipped to second place with 768 million minutes. Docuseries Depp v. Heard premiered to 704 million minutes of viewing, good for third among originals.
Bluey also continued a run with more than a billion minutes of viewing. The animated kids’ show, which streams on Disney+, had 1.01 billion minutes of watch time for the week and topped the billion mark for sixth straight time. HBO’s comedy Ballers, which had its Netflix debut on Aug. 15, popped into the overall top 10 with 696 million minutes. The series also streams on HBO sibling Max.
Nielsen’s streaming ratings cover viewing on TV sets only and don’t include minutes watched on computers or mobile devices. The ratings only measure U.S. audiences, not those in other countries. The top streaming titles for Aug. 14-20 are below.
1. Suits (Netflix/Peacock), 2.84 billion minutes viewed
2. Painkiller (Netflix), 1.12 billion
3. Bluey (Disney+), 1.01 billion
4. Heart of Stone (Netflix), 777 million
5. NCIS (Netflix/Paramount+), 775 million
6. The Lincoln Lawyer (Netflix), 768 million
7. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 738 million
8. Depp v. Heard (Netflix), 704 million
9. Ballers (Max/Netflix), 696 million
10. Cocomelon (Netflix), 629 million
1. Painkiller, 1.12 billion minutes
2. The Lincoln Lawyer, 768 million
3. Depp v. Heard, 704 million
4. Only Murders in the Building (Hulu), 590 million
5. The Summer I Turned Pretty (Prime Video), 403 million
6. Gabby’s Dollhouse (Netflix), 369 million
7. Sweet Magnolias (Netflix), 366 million
8. The Witcher (Netflix), 325 million
9. The Upshaws (Netflix), 321 million
10. Solar Opposites (Hulu), 309 million
1. Suits, 2.84 billion minutes
2. Bluey, 1.01 billion
3. NCIS, 775 million
4. Grey’s Anatomy, 738 million
5. Ballers, 696 million
6. Cocomelon, 629 million
7. The Big Bang Theory (Max), 500 million
8. Supernatural (Netflix), 492 million
9. Gilmore Girls (Netflix), 437 million
10. Friends (Max), 435 million
1. Heart of Stone, 777 million minutes
2. The Pope’s Exorcist (Netflix), 580 million
3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Disney+), 433 million
4. The Super Mario Bros. Movie (Peacock), 385 million
5. Cocaine Bear (Prime Video), 307 million
6. Despicable Me 2 (Netflix), 288 million
7. The Monkey King (Netflix), 215 million
8. Moana (Disney+), 204 million
9. Despicable Me (Netflix), 194 million
10. Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (Paramount+), 167 million
Best of The Hollywood Reporter