Onetime Entourage member Emmanuelle Chriqui has boarded the Arrowverse’s newest entry, Superman & Lois, in the series regular role of no less than Lana Lang.
Ordered straight to series in January, Superman & Lois — which was to (but now won’t) film its first episode this spring, ahead of the May Upfronts — follows “the world’s most famous superhero (played by Supergirl’s Tyler Hoechlin) and comic books’ most famous journalist (Elizabeth Tulloch)” as they deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society.
Per our sister site Deadline, Chriqui’s Lana Lang-Cushing, a loan officer at Smallville Bank, will reestablish her friendship with Clark Kent “during one of the most difficult periods in her life.” Lana was of course played on TV’s Smallville by Kristen Kreuk, while Annette O’Toole filled the role on the big screen in Superman III.
Previously, Superman & Lois cast Dylan Walsh (Nip/Tuck) as Lois’ father, General Sam Lane, while Jordan Elsass (Little Fires Everywhere) and newcomer Alexander Garfin will play Lois and Clark’s teenage sons, clean-cut and kind-hearted Jonathan and the wildly intelligent but socially anxious Jordan.
In addition to her run as Entourage‘s Sloan, Chriqui’s TV credits include The Mentalist, Murder in the First, Hulu’s Shut Eye and, most recently, Fox’s short-lived The Passage.
Launch Gallery: Arrowverse Crossovers, Ranked
More from TVLine
- TVLine Items: Station 19's New Time, GH Vet Joins Superman & Lois and More
- Nancy Drew's Riley Smith Has Always Known That Twist Was Coming -- It's 'One of the Reasons' He Took the Role
- One Tree Hill, 8 Years Later: See Where Your Favorites Are Today (Photos)
Best of TVLine
- 11 Ways TV Has Hidden Real-Life Pregnancies: What Will Supergirl Do?
- Stars Who Almost Played Other TV Roles — on Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, Lost, Gilmore Girls, Friends and Other Shows
- TV Stars Almost Cast in Other Roles