Film producer and founder of Blumhouse Productions, Jason Blum, says he has tested positive for COVID-19, just a week after announcing that both of his kids had it.“Tested positive. It’s Coronamania at my house. Symptoms mild so far but will keep ya’ll posted,” he tweeted Sunday night.It was just nine days ago that the “Freaky” and “The BlacKkKlansman” producer let followers on social media in on the unfortunate family news that both of his children had contracted COVID-19. Although he said that he and his wife were OK at the time, the family was quarantining.The following day he gave an update, writing, “So far so good in the house of Covid. I mean talk about scary. We were outside and our friends drove by us and they rolled up their windows!! We may as well be possessed!”Also Read: LA County Implements 'Targeted' Safer-at-Home Order Amid COVID SurgeBlum’s news on Sunday comes on amid a bad turn for Los Angeles County, prompting the county to put into effect a new “targeted” safer-at-home order that will go into effect on Monday. The new order, which is significantly less restrictive than earlier lockdowns in the spring, will last for three weeks through Dec. 20. L.A. County reported 5,014 new COVID-19 cases and 16 new deaths, bringing the county’s total confirmed cases to 395,842, according to the Los Angeles County Department of Health.Public health officials say that 2,049 people are currently hospitalized with the virus, of which 24% are in the intensive care unit.Tested positive. It’s Coronamania at my house. Symptoms mild so far but will keep ya’ll posted.— Jason Blum (@jason_blum) November 30, 2020Read original story Jason Blum Tests Positive for COVID-19 a Week After His Children Did At TheWrap
The producer of Blumhouse's new horror quartet says the studio has made huge strides forward in diversity.
The original – which starred Neve Campbell and Fairuza Balk – was a modest hit and has gone on to become a cult classic.
After he turned 'The Invisible Man' into a critical and commercial hit, Blumhouse is backing Leigh Whannell again.
Filming on the next Marvel movies probably won’t take place until 2021, as the size of their productions make it too risky.
The director, writers, producers and stars of the controversial new thriller "The Hunt" talk about backlash against the film -- and those tweets from President Trump.
Jason Blum has reassured horror fans that controversy has not softened 'The Hunt', as it prepares to finally hit cinemas.
The Elisabeth Moss-fronted picture is an adaptation of the classic sci-fi novel.
The British actor is set to play a "charming fellow" named Peter in the eagerly anticipated follow-up.
The film's writer-director Leigh Whannell and actor Oliver Jackson-Cohen couldn't help but praise the 'Handmaid's Tale' star either.
Jason Blum is keen to reassure 'Halloween' fans that the next movie will do more than just set up next year's 'Halloween Ends'.
'The Hunt' will be released on 13 March, months after President Trump condemned the satiric political thriller featuring elites hunting "deplorables."
With the midterm elections heavy on everyone’s mind, Jason Blum was booed offstage at the Israel Film Festival, where he was being honored, for making anti-Trump remarks during his speech. Blum was booed from the start, when he referenced the election results that were rolling in at the same time as the event. “A lot […]
Danny McBride, a co-writer of the new "Halloween" sequel, explains how they convinced Jamie Lee Curtis to return to the rebooted franchise.
The Purge franchise is coming to television in 2018. Think what you like about The Purge trilogy, but you can’t deny the profitability of the three films in the franchise (so far). For those not up to speed, The Purge films imagine a world in which all crime is legal for 12 hours once a year.
Casey Affleck is set to star in Stoner, directed by Joe Wright, and produced by Jason Blum’s Blumhouse Productions.
McFarlane reiterated that the first draft of the screenplay is complete, and that he’ll be stepping behind the camera on the film, described as “a dark, R-rated, scary, badass.”
It’s the directorial debut of a figure hitherto known exclusively for working in comedy, but it looks like ‘Get Out’ is poised to be 2017’s first major breakthrough horror movie. Produced by Jason Blum of Blumhouse – the production company behind ‘Paranormal Activity,’ ‘Insidious,’ ‘The Purge’ and many more modern horror hits – ‘Get Out’ is written and directed by Jordan Peele, one half of TV comedy duo Key and Peele, who also starred in 2016 comedy ‘Keanu.’ However, ‘Get Out’ sees Peele stay entirely behind the camera to create something altogether different – and so far, the response stateside has been hugely enthusiastic.