Dwayne Johnson has claimed that he was the first choice to host this year's Oscars ceremony, but he couldn't make the dates work because he was shooting Jumanji 2.
This year's Oscar ceremony will go ahead without an official host for only the second time in its history, an ABC television executive said on Tuesday. ABC, a unit of Walt Disney Co televises the Oscars ceremony annually and is closely involved in planning the telecast. Comedian Kevin Hart in December stepped down from hosting the Oscars after past homophobic tweets resurfaced.
Producers of the Oscars are to forge ahead with this year's show without a host, despite pleas last week from Ellen DeGeneres that they should rehire Kevin Hart.
The actor and co-star Kevin Hart appear in the English-language remake of award-winning French film 'The Intouchables'.
Ellen De Generes brought forward the air date for an 'incredible and honest' interview with axed Oscars host Kevin Hart, which has just aired the US.
The Academy did not have any back-up plans and is reportedly "freaking out" as it rushes to find a replacement host for the 2019 ceremony.
Kevin Hart’s abrupt departure as Oscars host has left the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences scrambling to find someone to take the gig. As of now, the situation remains fluid as the group’s leadership explores options, including going host-less, individuals familiar with the situation told Variety. The Academy was blindsided by Hart’s announced departure Thursday […]
Kevin Hart stepped down from hosting the Oscars just hours after he was announced for the role last week, after a homophobic skit in one of his stand-up shows began doing the rounds online.
The Oscars could be facing some serious questions over its choice of host this year, as a storm gathers over homophobic jokes made by comedian Kevin Hart.