Good weather and international football are not conducive to achieving a strong box office.
The actor discusses the new film and how it reflects on both the current and historical socio-politics of the US.
There have been months of will he or won’t he speculation whether Tom Hiddleston will be the next James Bond, but apparently word has emerged that it’ll never ever happen. While the decision doesn’t come from Bond producer Barbara Broccoli directly, the news came to light when author Frederick Forsyth, the best-selling author of ‘The Day of The Jackal’, revealed that he knew the British actor would never get the role in the Mail on Sunday (via The Evening Standard). “I got a tip the other day which I’ll share with you. I understand (Bond producer) Barbara Broccoli is absolutely no way going to pick Tom Hiddleston.
The unexpected follow-up to last year’s crime thriller ‘Sicario’ will make Josh Brolin and Benicio Del Toro its main characters, while it’s also been announced that it will be followed by a third instalment, too. Director Stefano Sollima, who will replace Denis Villeneuve in the hot seat for the sequel, entitled ‘Soldado’, told the Independent, “[It’s a] completely different story with just two of the characters that you met in ‘Sicario’. This means that Josh Brolin’s CIA agent Matt Graver and Benicio Del Toro’s hitman Alejandro Gillick will lead the way.
<strong>EXCLUSIVE</strong>: Lionsgate and Black Label Media are getting closer to a production start on <em>Soldado,</em> the second installment of the drug war thriller that began with 2015’s <em>Sicario</em>. I’m told that Stefano Sollima is the front-runner to direct the second installment and should have the job shortly, with talks expected to wrap up quickly. Denis Villenueve directed the first film. Sollima is the Italian director who has made a number of memorably gritty crime thrillers but is best…
We’re used to movie stars tweeting various, cryptic things, but ‘SPECTRE’ and ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ hard man Dave Bautista’s tweet tells us his involvement in ‘Blade Runner 2′ is very much on.
Emily Blunt has revealed how she vetoed a planned nude scene in her latest movie, ‘Sicario’. Speaking on the Howard Stern Show yesterday, she explained how she managed to side-step the part where she appeared topless opposite co-star Benicio Del Toro. - ‘Rude’ Emily Blunt should leave Hollywood - Emily Blunt offered Poppins role - Blunt teases Edge of Tomorrow sequel “That was in there originally,” said Blunt, after Stern bemoaned a lack of toplessness in the movie, “but it came out.” As to why, she answered 'we didn’t agree with it’, adding that it was her breasts that disagreed with the scene. The 32-year-old actress, who has been married to actor John Krasinski since 2010, said that following her swearing in ceremony, she felt a sudden pang of regret.
It’s already shaping up to be one of our favourite movies of the year, so we jumped at the chance to speak to Benicio. Find out what he had to say about ‘Sicario’, those ‘Star Wars 8′ rumours, and his big Hollywood breakthrough in 007′s ‘Licence To Kill’. Benicio Del Toro: Oh OK, that’s a good start! Alright, we’re done!
Rumours continue to circulate that Daniel Craig may be calling it a day as 007 after the upcoming ‘SPECTRE’ - but one person we know for sure won’t be back is Sam Mendes. Having come to ‘SPECTRE’ straight from 2012′s ‘Skyfall’ (making him the first director to make back-to-back Bond movies since John Glen, who helmed all five series entries in the 1980s), Mendes has made it clear he will not direct another Bond. - Damian Lewis To Replace Daniel Craig?