Advertisement

Taylor Swift’s Dad Will Not Face Any Charges in Wake of Paparazzi Encounter, Police Confirm

Despite a photographer’s complaint to police that Taylor Swift’s father attacked him during a paparazzi encounter last month, no charges will be filed in the incident, Australian police confirmed Tuesday.

The statement from police, reported by RTE, said that officers “conducted an investigation following a report of an assault” but that, as a result of it being looked into, “no further police action” will be taken.

More from Variety

On Feb. 26, photographer Ben McDonald had registered a complaint maintaining that Scott Swift had gotten physical with him as the Swifts’ party disembarked from a yacht while the superstar was in the country to perform dates in Sydney and Melbourne on the Eras Tour.

McDonald had maintained that an umbrella was put in his face to prevent him from grabbing shots, and that Scott Swift took it further by “charging” at him, per the photographer’s account in the Daily Mail.

Police at the time said that they were called to investagate an “alleged assault after a 71-year-old man allegedly assaulted a 51-year-old man at Neutral Bay Wharf. The younger man reported the incident and inquiries are now underway by officers attached to North Shore Police Area Command. The man did not require medical treatment.”

The star’s rep responded at the time by saying that “two individuals were aggressively pushing their way towards Taylor, grabbing at her security personnel, and threatening to throw a female staff member into the water.”

Best of Variety

Sign up for Variety’s Newsletter. For the latest news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.