Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is run by Yahoo! UK Limited (company number 03244285), 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, London WC2H 8AD, United Kingdom ("Yahoo!") in association with Sony Pictures ("Sony Pictures" and “Yahoo!” together the "Promoters").
2. By entering this prize draw you agree to these terms and conditions which will at that time become binding between you and Yahoo!. Your participation in the prize draw is in consideration for Yahoo! allowing you to enter it and giving you the opportunity to win.
3. No purchase is necessary in order to enter the prize draw. There is no fee charged to enter into this prize draw other than the cost of you accessing the Internet which you would otherwise have.
4. You must be a resident of the United Kingdom to enter into this prize draw and receive the prize if you win. Entrants must be over 18 years of age. Employees of Yahoo! or Sony Pictures or any of their group companies or its agencies associated with this promotion are not eligible to enter or participate. Entrants will be deemed be the natural person to whom the email address (provided on entry) is registered. Only one entry per person is permitted.
5. To be eligible, you must submit your application as detailed on the prize draw entry submission page at http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/ .The competition will be open to entrants from 28 November 2012. Entries must be received not later than 2359 hours (UK time) on 2 December 2012 at which time the offer of this prize draw will end.
6. The prize for the competition includes 2 tickets to the exclusive live Yahoo! Q&A with Quentin Tarantino.
* The prize does not include transport or accommodation.
* There is no cash alternative instead of the prize.
* Winners must be available to travel to Central London on Friday 7th December to be at a secret location in Central London at 12:00pm (UK time). No admittance to location after 12:30pm (UK time) on day of event.
* Potential winners will be subject to telephone interviews prior to prize confirmation.
* Winners will be subject to security checks at location.
* Winners agree to feature in any promotion of this event.
*Any pictures used to promote the prize are for information only.
7. Yahoo! will select fourty (40) winners from amongst the complete entries on or before 4 December 2012. Yahoo!'s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be contacted via telephone and email and their details may also be posted on the Yahoo! website.
8. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted within one week of the selection of the winner, the prize will revert to Yahoo! and may be awarded to another entrant at Yahoo!’s absolute discretion.
9. The prize will be organised Yahoo! and Sony Pictures and contact will be made by phone and E-mail by the details provided by the winner upon entry. Neither Yahoo! or Sony accept any responsibility for the winner's failure to accept delivery of his/her prize.
(a) if you are the winner of the Prize, Yahoo! may use your information collected during the Promotion for marketing or promotional purposes, including using your name and likeness to announce the winners online as described above in section 7;
(b) if you are the winner of the Prize, Yahoo! shall pass your details to Sony for the purposes of Prize fulfilment.
12. Except as otherwise required by applicable law, Yahoo! is not responsible for any loss or damage associated with you entering into this prize draw, the carrying out of the draw or the provision or otherwise of any aspect of any prize or any act or omission of any other person or party, and all warranties, conditions and representations (of any kind) not expressly set out in these terms and conditions are hereby excluded.
13. Yahoo! may terminate these terms and conditions, the prize draw or any prize if you do not comply with any of these terms and conditions or are unlikely to do so, if Yahoo! decides in its absolute discretion to withdraw the prize draw before any winners are notified, or thereafter if any circumstances beyond Yahoo!’s reasonable control prevent or restrict Yahoo! or any other person or party from providing the prize or any aspect of the prize.
14. You agree that (unless applicable law requires otherwise) any right that you have under applicable law to cancel ends when the winner of the prize draw is announced. If thereafter you cannot participate in any prize for reasons beyond your reasonable control, you must notify Yahoo! and Yahoo! may in its absolute discretion give that prize to someone else.
15. You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations, or subcontract your obligations, under these terms and conditions, such as giving a prize to anyone else, without Yahoo!’s prior written consent. Yahoo! may assign or transfer its rights or obligations, or subcontract its obligations, under these terms and conditions without your consent.
16. Yahoo! or its licensors retain and reserves all rights in and to each website, and all aspects of the prize draw and each prize, including all derivatives, developments, modifications and improvements.
17. These terms and conditions, and any instructions from Yahoo!, constitute the entire agreement between you and Yahoo!, superseding any prior agreements between you and Yahoo!. Any failure or delay by Yahoo! in exercising or enforcing, or partial exercise or enforcement of, any right or provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision (or waive any further exercise or enforcement) or any other right or provision. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision and the other provisions of the terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
18. These terms and conditions and all matters arising from or in connection with them are governed by English law and the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any such dispute.
Terms and Conditions