A giant statue of King Kong caught fire at a premiere event for new movie ‘Kong: Skull Island’ in Vietnam yesterday.
Crowds has flocked to the shopping mall in Ho Chi Min City where the premiere was taking place, and reportedly fled the scene in panic as flaming debris began showering down.
The fire started when a pretend volcano blew sparks onto the ape statue, setting the £50,000 stage that the props were standing on alight.
Footage of the fire was captured by some of those in attendance.
Firefighters were called to the scene to put out the blaze, which is said to have lasted around 15 minutes.
Government officials and representatives from the US consulate were among those in the crowd at the premiere.
The film, which stars Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson, was mostly shot on locations in Hanoi and the scenic Tràng An, as well as on Hawaii and in Queensland, Australia.