The Justice League drama shows no signs whatsoever of abating.
Ray Fisher, who played Cyborg in the 2017 DC movie, has invited Joss Whedon to 'sue me for libel' over allegations the director behaved abusively on set.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer showrunner Whedon was accused by Fisher of 'gross and unprofessional' treatment of his cast and crew when he took over the reigns of the movie from Zack Snyder in 2017.
Whedon was drafted in to replace Snyder, who exited the movie following the tragic death of his daughter, but rather than continue the movie's post-production, instead embarked on extensive reshoots.
Tweeting earlier this month, Fisher called Whedon's conduct 'gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable', and also accused producers Geoff Johns and Jon Berg of 'enabling' the director.
Berg has since denied ‘categorically’ enabling any abusive behaviour.
Now, going further still, Fisher said during an interview for the online Justice Con event on Saturday, that he's spent time approaching others and asking them to come forward with their experiences working under Whedon.
“What I will say toward the Joss Whedon situation is obviously I put out some pretty strong words and some pretty strong comments about Joss Whedon, and every single one of those words, every single one of those comments, is true,” Fisher said.
“It’s taken me two and a half years to get all the information I need to be able to build something that’s strong enough so people can’t dismiss it.
“And so we’re in the process of making sure that people can tell their stories in a confidential way that they don’t get any sort of retribution done against them.
Read more: Ray Fisher retracts praise for Whedon
“We’re gonna get to the heart of everything. And if anything I said about that man is untrue, I invite him wholeheartedly to sue me for libel, to sue me for slander.
“The man is probably scared, and he should be because we are going to get to the heart of everything - everything - that went down.”
Snyder is currently in the middle of re-cutting his own version of Justice League, set for release on HBO Max after fans heavily petitioned Warner Bros to allow Snyder his own take on the much-maligned, critically panned box office calamity.
And though he has not directly discussed the matter, but he appeared to approach it somewhat obliquely in a separate interview for the JusticeCon event this weekend passed.
Asked if he would be including any footage that was shot by Whedon, he said: “There would be no chance on earth that I would use a shot that was made prior, er, after I left the movie. I’d destroy the movie, I would set it on fire before I would use a single frame that I did not photograph.
“That is a f**king hard fact. I literally would blow that f**king thing up if I thought for a second. Anything you see in this movie which reminds you of the other theatrical release, which again famously I have not, I literally have never seen, would be because that was a thing I had done, and he borrowed for whatever that monster [was] that you guys saw in the theatre.”
Snyder's cut should land some time in 2021.