Seth Rogen has no plans to work with James Franco again after sexual misconduct allegations

Seth Rogen has said he will no longer work with James Franco. (Photo by Barry King/Getty Images)
Seth Rogen (left) has said he will no longer work with James Franco. (Barry King/Getty Images)

Seth Rogen has said he has "no plans" to work with frequent collaborator James Franco again following allegations of sexual misconduct against the actor. 

In 2019, Franco was sued by two former students of his acting and film school Studio 4 who claimed he had used his position to engage in “sexually charged behaviour towards female students”, including pushing female students into explicit sex scenes. 

The 43-year-old's lawyers described the lawsuit as "scurrilous" and "publicity-seeking".

One of the ex-students, Sarah Tither-Kaplan, had previously spoken out in 2018. When the allegations first surfaced, Franco described them as "not accurate". 

Read more: Seth Rogen says Marvel makes 'legitimately funny' comedies

The suit was settled in February this year.

In a new interview with the Sunday Times, Rogen said: "What I can say is that I despise abuse and harassment, and I would never cover or conceal the actions of someone doing it, or knowingly put someone in a situation where they were around someone like that.”

Watch: Seth Rogen clears up 'false' rumour that Emma Watson stormed off set

Rogen, 39, added he regrets making a "terrible" joke during his Saturday Night Live hosting gig in 2014 where he jested he had posed as a young girl on Instagram to "prank" Franco, making light of a 17-year-old's allegation that the actor had messaged her to meet up. 

He also reflected on a 2018 interview where he said he would continue to work with the 127 Hours star.

“I look back to that interview in 2018 where I comment that I would keep working with James, and the truth is that I have not and I do not plan to right now,” he said.

Seth Rogen said the dynamic of his relationship with James Franco had changed. (Photo by Cindy Ord/Getty Images for SiriusXM)
Seth Rogen said the dynamic of his relationship with James Franco had changed. (Cindy Ord/Getty Images for SiriusXM)

Rogen also said it had affected their relationship as he explained: “I can say it, um, you know, it has changed many things in our relationship and our dynamic.”

Read more: James Franco's Zeroville bombs at the box office

Franco and Rogen have collaborated on a number of projects in the past, including Sausage Party, The Interview and Pineapple Express