Bond 25 finally looks set to reveal its official title (maybe) and cast during an official live launch today – Thursday, 25 April
The event, which will be held at an iconic 007 location, will be available to watch live via the official James Bond YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter accounts and will reveal exclusive cast news before holding a special Q&A.
Watch it live below:
News of the launch was announced today, with the official James Bond social media accounts sharing: “Coming tomorrow at 13:10 BST/05:10PST, the #BOND25 Live Reveal from an iconic 007 location. Ask the cast a question using #BOND25.”
— James Bond (@007) April 24, 2019
UK audiences will also be able to watch the live launch on Sky Cinema, with the channel stating in its TV listings: “James Bond is back for his 25th big screen outing. Check out the movie’s exciting official announcement, including the cast and title reveal.”
However, this listing has now been amended to remove references to a title reveal. This backs up what BBC’s Lizo Mzimba shared on Twitter earlier today.
— lizo mzimba (@lizo_mzimba) April 25, 2019
Yesterday, Good Morning America confirmed that they will also be airing the launch, tweeting: “GET READY! We will have EXCLUSIVE news on the new @007 movie you won’t want to miss! Tune in to @GMA Thursday and Friday to find out! #Bond25.”
The accompanying video saw a narrator say: “Secrets on the next James Bond film. Secrets so guarded, if we told you now we might have to kill you. Okay, I’m kidding… But Thursday and Friday on GMA, you’ll find out. 007 on GMA.”
— Good Morning America (@GMA) April 23, 2019
Shooting for Bond 25 has taken place in Norway this month, and now Daniel Craig is currently in Jamaica filming scenes for his final outing as 007.
The announcement of the film’s title and cast would usually be made during a traditional press conference at Pinewood Studios, but producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson decided to do something a bit different for Bond 25.
What we know about Bond 25 so far
- Bond 25 will be Daniel Craig’s fifth and final outing as 007.
- Beasts of No Nation’s Cary Joji Fukunaga is directing.
- He took over from Trainspotting director Danny Boyle who quit the film during pre-production.
- Boyle’s script with John Hodge has been binned entirely.
- The script has been written by series veterans Neal Purvis and Robert Wade.
- Bourne Ultimatum screenwriter Scott Z Burns has also done a rewrite of the script, as has Paul Haggis.
- Killing Eve’s Phoebe Waller-Bridge has also reportedly polished the screenplay to add humour.
- Oscar-winner Linus Sandgren (La La Land) is the film’s cinematographer.
- SPECTRE’s Léa Seydoux is expected to return as Dr. Madeleine Swann.
- Bohemian Rhapsody star Rami Malek is rumoured to be the film’s villain.
- Ralph Fiennes, Ben Whishaw, and Naomie Harris all due to return as M, Q, and Moneypenny.
- The film’s working title is Eclipse not Shatterhand.
- Bond is set to drive an electric Aston Martin for the first time.
- Christoph Waltz says he isn’t returning as Blofeld.
Bond 25 is set to be released in UK cinemas on April 3, 2020.